Tuesday, September 29, 2009

SOAP: treasuring God


S - For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing... If then you are not able to do as small a thing as (adding an hour to your life), why are you anxious about the rest... your Father knows that you need them. Instead, seek his kingdom, and these things will be added to you. Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom... For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. — Luke 12: 23, 26, 30-32, 34 (ESV)

O - Life is more than food. Physical. Desire. Feeling. Needs. Getting. Satisfaction. Comfort.

The body is more than clothing. Stuff. Status. Job. Hiding. Covering. Looking good. Having it "together."

A - I cannot "add" to my life. Why then think that food or clothing, desire fulfilled or status, comfort or having it all together will do that? God knows what I need. It delights Him to provide for me. It delights Him to give His children all they need. It delights Him to welcome us into all the grandness of life he actually has to offer!

P - Lord, I'm not worrying about food and clothing. I'm worried about treasuring you and your kingdom. Help me bring others along.

FAITH ACCOUNT: To treasure God and His Kingdom above all things. Considering Luke 12:13-57. (this is for the high school small group I am a part of, we each are writing down the relationship we think God is calling us to have with Him)

No comments: