Thursday, September 24, 2009

SOAP: sanity


S - Let me hear what God the LORD will speak, for he will speak peace to his people, to his saints; but let them not turn back to folly. Surely his salvation is near to those who fear him, that glory may dwell in our land. — Psalm 85:8-9 (ESV)

O - Longing for revival, the Psalmist asks to hear God's voice. He knows God will bring about good things. He knows God's people need to hear from him. He knows God will bring about good things. He knows God's people need to hear from him. He also knows, right alongside this, that God's people very easily forget.

A - Is it any wonder I struggled to do this SOAP today. How easy it is to just move through the day... This is folly. Waiting on the Lord to speak is sanity.

P - Lord, I'm thankful you are gracious with men of folly. Gracious to me. I want revival. Revival in me. Revival in my family. Revival in my neighborhood. Revival in my city. We need you Jesus. We need your voice. We need your leadership. We need your peace.

No comments: