Sunday, September 20, 2009

SOAP: awaiting the dawn


S - If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared. I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning. — Psalm 130:3-6 (ESV)

O - No one could stand before God if he were not gracious and forgiving. How terrible to stand before God knowing what you deserve. How awesome to be forgiven by a righteous God. What will sustain a man? To wait for God's mercy, to hope in God's promises. In the darkest nights, to long for the coming of our God.

A - I hear you extending me forgiveness. I hear your invitation to know you. I hear your call for patience and hope. I will choose to be the watchman longing for the dawn.

P - Lord, help me endure with the same grace you give me. I'm seriously ready for you to act. Keep me alert, ready for what you will reveal tomorrow.

No comments: