Friday, September 25, 2009

SOAP: a local


S -"Return to your home, and declare how much God has done for you." And he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city how much Jesus had done for him. — Luke 8:39 (ESV)

O - Jesus works with locals and wants them to stay right where they are. True, he calls some to follow him from place to place, but most encounters end with him sending people to their local priest or to spread the word from their home.

A - I guess this is a bit of what I feel. It seems God wants me to return to my "local priest" and go throughout my city proclaiming what God has done. God has done so much for me. I hear his call to be a "local" proclaiming in my city what he has done.

P - Jesus, I feel a bit stuck on this. Help me with my neighbors. Help me with those I know through Caleb and Ashlyn. Help me with those I am getting to know through our gospel community. I want to work hard on this. You are an amazingly faithful God and I feel blessed to be called to be a "local."

No comments: