Tuesday, September 15, 2009

SOAP: cry out


S - You open your hand; you satisfy the desire of every living thing. The LORD is righteous in all his ways and kind in all his works. The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them. The LORD preserves all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy. — Psalm 145: 16, 18-19 (ESV)

O - All God needs to do is open His hand and we have more than all the world could ever need. Truck loads of provision for all... But He will not force himself upon us. He waits for us to call... to cry out. Who will call longing for Him and His ways? He is the dream maker and the dream fulfiller. He has set eternal things in us. Yet, we suffer under our sin and the sin of others. Our vision has been shortened. Our dreams thwarted. Mini-dreams and short term satisfaction is all we think is possible.

A - I want to break out of the short sightedness of sin. The King of the Universe stands ready to be all that I need. The deepest unspoken things inside me will be satisfied by Him, and Him alone.

Cry out, O my Soul! Your King awaits. Do not settle, Soul. He is far more than you have ever dreamed!

P - Lord you have showed me truck loads of your provision, waiting to be received. Set me and my family free! Set us free in true intimacy. Set us free from greed and arrogance. Set us free to be generous. Set us free to proclaim your mighty deeds to our children. Lord, you know the desires of my heart. I entrust them to you. Help me let go of how I think they should be fulfilled, my vision is so little.

No comments: