Saturday, August 8, 2009

SOAP: a restless camel


S - You say, ‘That’not true! I haven’t worshiped the images of Baal!’ But how can you say that? Go and look in any valley in the land! Face the awful sins you have done. You are like a restless female camel desperately searching for a mate. – Jeremiah 2:23 (NLT)

O - The Israelites claim they have not betrayed or abandoned God through empty religion, other gods, or other "lovers" (nations). They are adamant. God invites them to take a look at the truth. To examine the results of their life, choices, and relationships. They stand as evidence about what the Israelites truly care about, trust, and love.

A - There is an invitation to examen the "valleys" of my life. To see how things have settled and come out. To see what what I care about. To face what I trust. To confess what I love.

P - Lord, I can't ignore how life has turned out. I can see the ways I have cared about opinions, trusted in my strength, and loved the reward of money. Help me to have the confidence to rest in your leading and direction each moment and day.

No comments: