Tuesday, August 25, 2009

SOAP: a cry to rebuild


S - ...Let your compassion quickly meet our needs, for we are on the brink of despair. Help us, O God of our salvation! Help us for the glory of your name! Save us and forgive our sins for the honor of your name. — Psalm 79:8-9 (NLT)

O - Asaph is tired of the defeat, retreat, and destruction. He knows this isn't how its supposed to be. He knows its always been about God, but Israel made it about themselves. The collapse is expected and just. But now, after its all come down, Asaph is ready to rebuild in God's name. For his purpose and glory.

A - Things are not as they should be. In me. In San Jose. It is not unexpected that we're both where we're at. I'm tired of defeat, retreat, and destruction... I'm hungry for God's Kingdom to advance. It's time to cry out for rebuilding!

P - I have nothing Lord... the walls have collapsed on my self-filled selfish self righteousness... I'm ready to be rebuilt and rebuild in your name. But it won't work without you. You're gonna have to be yourself... Gracious, Faithful, Truthful, Holy, Strong. It'll mean nothing without you. I'll mess up, and need your prophets to confront me. I'll need to be filled with your strength. I'll need to become less and less, so you can be more and more.

No comments: