Friday, August 21, 2009

SOAP: joy in the camp


S - ...I destroyed them all with the authority of the Lord... I destroyed them all with the authority of the Lord... I destroyed them all with the authority of the Lord. My enemies did their best to kill me, but the Lord rescued me. The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. Songs of joy and victory are sung in the camp of the godly. The strong right arm of the Lord has done glorious things!... The Lord has punished me severely, but he did not let me die. — Psalm 118:10, 11, 12, 13-15, 18 (NLT)

O - Yikes. Surrounded. Afflicted. Attacked. The Psalmists banks on the justice, power, and faithfulness of God. What else was there for him to count on?

Also, the Psalmist was an active part of the victory... "I destroyed them all with the authority of the Lord." God's authority was given to the him in order to have victory.

There was much celebration in the camp. Everyone benefited from the victory. There are many songs to be sung of God's victory "with" His people.

A - Okay, so I'm surrounded by sickness. Afflicted with trial. I need to bank on God's justice, power, and faithfulness. I must partner with God, in His authority, to move towards victory. I'm counting on joy in the camp this weekend, as we are going camping.

P - Lord, thank you for surrounding me with people who have stories and songs of your faithfulness and power. Thank you for inviting me to take up your authority in my life, family, and dominion. May you get the credit and fame for all that you do for our family! We love you.

No comments: