Tuesday, July 28, 2009

SOAP: untwist me


S - Yes, Lot was a righteous man who was tormented in his soul by the wickedness he saw and heard day after day. So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials, even while keeping the wicked under punishment until the day of final judgment. He is especially hard on those who follow their own twisted sexual desire, and who despise authority. — 2 Peter 2:8-10 (NLT)

O - The example of Lot comes in the midst of a rebuke of false "Christian" teachers and leaders. Not even angels, creation, or cities will be exempt from God's judgment. Good news, though, God knows how to rescue us from evil...

A - Am I willing to be rescued? Am I going to leaders who know how God rescues people? Am I pursuing God's rescue? Am I sensitive to wickedness like Lot? What is that supposed to look like? I can't ignore Peter's "highlights" of evil. Twisted sexual desire... Lord, untwist me! Despising authority... Lord, untwist my unforgiving heart!

P - Yes, Lord, untwist me! I sense your call to trust you to meet my needs, reorder my desires, and lead me into your Kingdom.

1 comment:

Chris said...

LOL! We played Human Knot today in Drama. Untwist me. LOL!