Monday, July 27, 2009

SOAP: thrill ride


S - You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me! I sing for joy because of what you have done. — Psalm 92:4 (NLT)

O - God's deeds, thoughts, and plans extend further than I can imgaine. He is able to do far more than I can hope or dream. The stories of the Red Sea, the Transfiguration, the visions of the Early Church, the church fire of Frances and Claire, the orphanage of George Mueller, the provision for RA Torrey, Day7 battling Satan in Alaska, the healing of Ashley, the numbers added through prayer at THRIVE, a miraculous house for us in June... they all lead to the question, "What will the Lord do next!?!"

A - It is good to remember all that God has done... It is a song of hope for my soul. It stirs the longing for His advancing Kingdom. I am tired of "losing" ground. You are a consuming fire!

P - Lord, how I need to remember what you have done! I am continually being drawn to Your presence and Your plan. This song stirs in my a desire to come! To listen! To obey! Not my will, but yours be done. I'm along for your glory ride!

1 comment:

Chris said...

WHOOO! AMEN! Great reminder! Thanks Ryan for sharing your SOAP all the time. It is really encouraging and good reminders. I haven't had time for SOAP the last few days, cause of Camp, but I will have to try harder.