Saturday, July 25, 2009

SOAP: just filling time?


S - So if you are suffering in a manner that pleases God, keep on doing what is right, and trust your lives to the God who created you, for he will never fail you. — 1 Peter 4:19 (NLT)

O - Keep on doing what is right. God will not fail us.

A - I recognize how unclear "doing what is right" seems to me right now. I am so use to being busy "doing" that now in a bit of a wilderness time it feels like everything has stopped... yet, I am filling my time. I also recognize that this season is producing an anxiousness that I want to turn towards doing the will of God.

P - What of this "filling" is really what you want from me God? I sense you want me to be more filled by your Spirit than filling my time with "good." You are not seeking a busy man, but a humble and contrite one. Help me be patient with not "doing." I acknowledge I am struggling to really "lay it out" before you before I do something, because I just want to do anything. Deepen my prayer life, shape me as husband and father first, and grant me the grace to not be busy in a way that honors you. Help me turn my anxiousness for busyness and a plan into an anxiousness for you and your Kingdom.

No comments: