Monday, August 25, 2008

SOAP: resting place


S. My people have been lost sheep; their shepherds have led them astray and caused them to roam on the mountains. They wandered over mountain and hill and forgot their own resting place. - Jeremiah 50:6 (TNIV)

O. Why are the people lost? They have been led away from their resting place. Did the shepherds reject the goodness of a place of rest? Or, did they not know what they really needed?

A. A timely message as I have picked up Strengthening The Soul of Leadership. Do I have a resting in God? Do I lead from this place? Is the natural result of following me to find rest?

P. Jesus, I want to find rest in you. I want to lead from the love, peace, security, and hope that you offer. Not out of the insecure, rocky, fearful part of my flesh. Teach me to be dependent upon you. I struggle to be consistent with you. I am struggling in this 21 day personal revival. I will struggle to finish this new book. But I sense in both that you want to speak, teach, and lead me. Be my resting place Jesus.

No comments: