Wednesday, August 13, 2008

SOAP: a call to personal revival


S. Therefore this is what the LORD says: "If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me; if you utter worthy, not worthless, words, you will be my spokesman. Let this people turn to you, but you must not turn to them. I will make you a wall to this people, a fortified wall of bronze; they will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you to rescue and save you," declares the LORD. - Jeremiah 15:19-20 (TNIV)

O. In Jeremiah 15:15-18 we see Jeremiah's trust, devotion, delight, and frustration with God. He longs for God's presence and work in the midst of a religious system and nation that has turned its back on God. Verse 19 is the foundation of God's prescription for Jeremiah. Personal revival.

A. I have been confronted by three ideas lately. Prayer... through the difficulty of circumstances and the movement of prayer at CBC. Purpose... a consistent reminder about avoiding Pharisaical living. In other words, to love justice, mercy, and walk humbly with God. Purity... a call to holiness. I came across www.theburningheartcontract.com last night which summarized these things into those words. It also has a possible track for a 21 day personal revival. Then I read the verses above today about personal revival. I definitely hear Jesus calling me to a new season of life with him. I am worried about not being faithful for the 21 days, and whether, if I make it, it really makes a difference. I think I am going to start next Monday.

P. Jesus, thanks for speaking so clearly through people, circumstances, your Word, and your Spirit. I hear you calling me to restoration and revival. Thank you for the example of the students meeting in D.C. for prayer and fasting. Help me see clearly the things that may cause me to trip up in the next 25 days.

No comments: