Sunday, August 31, 2008

SOAP: a new reality


S. You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth. - Revelation 5:10 (TNIV)

O. Jesus offers us belonging, purpose, and authority. His blood did far more than simple forgiveness for those who receive it. He has brought us into a new reality.

A. What does my day look like if I live like Jesus' blood is only like forgiveness? Often it means a day a mistakes, weariness, weak prayers, passivity, distraction, and something like slow death. For real life is only "after we die." So we better "get busy dying."

What does my day look like if I live like Jesus' blood ushers me into a new reality? I "get busy living." I tend to be more focused, directed, relaxed, quiet, patient, prayerful, and powerful.

P. Jesus I am sorry for all the times I live in a way that treats your blood as if it were common. There is something beautifully powerful about your shed blood for me. It is the beginning of a new relationship and reality with you. I want to live out that reality in a way that will invite others to join me!

No comments: