Tuesday, August 26, 2008

SOAP: my friend dave


S. Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Rescue me from my enemies, LORD, for I hide myself in you. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. For your name's sake, LORD, preserve my life; in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble. - Psalm 143:8-10 (TNIV)

O. O how good it is to remember what the Lord has done! He has lifted me up. Placed my feet on solid ground. He has set hope in my heart and led me in the way of peace.

There is something about the poetic words of David's heart that can lift my spirit up from weariness, depression, and defeat. I find the the heart of David so appealing. It feels sometimes he could be a good friend. He continually speaks what is on his heart, but turns our attention to God and his goodness. Thanks Dave!

A. I want to be a friend, husband, and person of honesty and encouragement.

P. Inspire me to write poetry again Jesus. Fill me with the delight of your name and glory. Help me be a friend like Dave.

No comments: