Saturday, August 30, 2008

SOAP: how do you listen?


S. Therefore consider carefully how you listen. Those who have will be given more; as for those who do not have, even what they think they have will be taken from them. - Luke 8:18 (TNIV)

O. How you listen to God and his word matters. Those who have cultivated the soil of their hearts will continue to be given more of God-given eternal life. Those who are hardened/satisfied, and do not do the work of the heart will find their life snatched away, withered, or choked out by circumstance.

A. How do I "trample" or dismiss God's word so that the Enemy is able to snatch away the seeds of life? How do I forget to nurture the word of God I am excited about so that it is not able to take root? How do I allow worry and immediate pleasures to become my focus instead of the word of God?

P. Jesus help me to listen with an attitude of hearing, retaining, and persevering.

No comments: