Tuesday, April 1, 2008

SOAP: he raises the dead


S - 2 Corinthians 1:9
Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead.

O - Paul sees God's grace in the impossibility and pain of his circumstances. To be dependent on God is life, anything less is death. So hardship and challenge are welcome because they focus his heart on God.

A - The impossibility of turning families around is overwhelming. I know that all our skills and wisdom are not enough. I want that hope that Paul has to enter the pain of individuals, families, and groups. Knowing that God will comfort us, care for us, and change us.

P - Help me not to avoid the impossible and painful today. Instead, teach my heart to hope in your comfort and care. After all, if you can raise the dead, surly you can care for me and others in ANY circumstance.

No comments: