Thursday, April 10, 2008

greenhouse


Tomorrow begins an interesting experiment . . .

I am headed to a church planters conference. There's something that feels right about going. But as I have listened to some CD's of the speakers at the conference many of my "comforts" with the institutional church have been exposed. I like to "pretend" to have disdain for the institutional church, but I think these guys have called my bluff.

I was praying this morning about my "assignment" from God (see my SOAP from today). He said it's here in San Jose and around the world, to make disciples. Then I listen to these church planters and they are talking about REALLY making A LOT of disciples.

I was even challenged by God to confront a friend on his calling to make disciples/plant churches.

I think God has us right where he wants us.

This post is the first to be labelled "Church Planting." We'll see if there are more to come.

Oh yeah, I am pretty sure God has promised to break me in this process . . . I have been ignoring it for awhile. Pray I remain open to be broken again . . . You are already broken, I am just going to show you where you are broken so you can say "Yes!" to healing . . . crazy Jesus, breaking in on my blog post. = )

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

most biggest smile ever.

Ryan said...

We'll have to talk . . . have you decided what you are doing next year?

Stephanie said...

I'm reading Organic Church...very eye opening.

Ryan said...

Careful . . . it is pretty crazy to think through God's plan for his church. WE have ALL been sent on a mission. Sometimes conventional church allows us to meet this active, risky, faith-filled aspect of our journey with God and others. Mission together always increases/deepens our relationship with God (see the mission trip effect).

Stephanie said...

I love my church. I can't imagine leaving, but I can imagine doing it a little more out of the box. I also feel my mission field is right here in my own front yard. I am cautious when reading anything. I like Organic Church because church is not always a big building (but it can be - by my standards). It's good to be open to all the possibilities of church.