Tuesday, April 15, 2008

SOAP: growing faith


S - 1 Samuel 17:37
The LORD who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of this Philistine.

O - Growing faith. As David walks with God his trust and faith grows. David is willing to trust God for more than what God has done in the past for him personally. He connects the victories in his life with the character and power of the God of Israel. His expectation is that God will act consistently with what He has done in the past for His people and what He has done in David's life.

A - How is my faith and trust in God growing? I am living beyond my bandwidth, but is that faith? Am I confident the areas beyond my ability will be picked up by God because they are consistent with his character and past work with His people?

P - Jesus give me strength. Sickness has made my body weak. Jesus give me clarity about what you want for your church and your people. I don't want to be afraid of the impossible or working hard on things that you don't believe are most important. Teach me to love you and love the people I come across every day. I want to be wiling and ready to share the hope I have.

No comments: