Saturday, April 12, 2008

SOAP: the bear of sickness


S - Proverbs 18:14
The human spirit can endure in sickness, but a crushed spirit who can bear?

O - I have been real sick this week. This verse comes to mind when I lay here contemplating God. I was more familiar with the NIV translation, "A man's spirit sustains him in sickness..." I know my spirit endures, but my body is beat.

A - I am concerned that I have been distracted from where God wanted me to be (at the conference and with friends). But at the same time, it was like I went to the conference and only heard about what God wants to do within me. Sickness stopped my busyness. Sickness took me away from learning "new" things. I wondered about spiritual warfare . . . after prayer things stayed the same. I even conked out for 4+ hours of sleep. Perhaps I just need rest.

P - What do you have to say about this King Jesus?

No comments: