Friday, November 20, 2009

SOAP: simple sincerity


S - For our boast is this, the testimony of our conscience, that we behaved in the world with simplicity and godly sincerity, not by earthly wisdom but by the grace of God, and supremely so toward you... For we are not, like so many, peddlers of God’s word, but as men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak in Christ. — 2 Corinthians 1:12; 2:17 (ESV)

O - Paul continues to argue for the purity of his gospel in how he lived and preached it. Paul lived this way because he knew who gave him life, who had sent him, and who was watching.

A - I love how Paul talks about himself. He has a humility and confidence that seems completely foreign to how I feel about myself. I hope that I can speak with a simple sincerity that is powerful argument for the reliability of the gospel.

P - Lord, help me speak honestly, simply, and graciously. Gently remind me of your salvation, calling, and presence in my life.

No comments: