Tuesday, March 18, 2008

SOAP: ushered into the kingdom


S - Joshua 1:6
Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.

O - Joshua faced a role that he must have been excited about and honored to have at first. Then the weight of the job must have been overwhelming. God root's Joshua's confidence and security in a promise, an example (Moses), and His Word (the Law). These things all point to the goodness, wisdom, and power of God. They usher Joshua into the trinitarian reality where Joshua's job is not just doable, but inevitable (for it is God's will for His people).

A - Am I confident in God's faithfulness and power to accomplish the desires He has placed in my heart? What promise am I banking on (Deut. 33:12)? What examples am I following (older godly men)? Whose voice am I listening to (God)? I hear Jesus saying, "Trust me enough to honor me as holy in the sight of the people." (Num. 20:12)

P - Usher me into your reality God. Open my heart to trust you and your ways of doing so. Help my unbelief.

No comments: