Friday, March 7, 2008

SOAP: the lighted path


S - Psalm 43:3-5
Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling! Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy, and I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God. Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.

O - In the midst of trial David seeks God as a refuge. He longs for God's light and truth to pull him out of this spot. He wants the truth exposed. It will be his salvation.

A - How can I speak to my soul in the midst of turmoil? "Hope in God self! You know I will praise him again. He always comes through. When have you been forsaken? Never! God's the best, and he has the best in mind for me. You can count on him."

P - Jesus I don't like how expectations get me down. Most of them are mine, even when I think they belong to you or someone else. I feel like my own expectations our my worst enemy. Help me pray honestly about them like you (Mark 14:36) and not be afraid to embrace your light and truth (which I am often afraid will not be my salvation, but just be even higher expectations). Shed light and truth on my that I might be free to find you as my exceeding joy.

No comments: