Thursday, April 19, 2007

the soup confession


Turns out I may not have been completely honest about my TV addiction. The truth is there is another show which I watch almost religiously. The Soup (formerly Talk Soup).

Now, I initially began watching this 30-minute weekly entertainment show because it was good research for pop culture and entertainment news, and was remotely humorous. I enjoy staying on top of these things since it helps me understand the influences of pop culture on the students I work with, and makes for humorous references during teachings at our weekly gathering. I must warn you, since it often has some questionable content. But I have to confess it's grown on me.

Joel McHale's personality, humor, and near apathy for his job have endeared me to the show. While I do watch to stay on top of current events, I have become more interested in Joel's journey as he has gained some success and notoriety and has appeared on Iron Chef America and Thank God You're Here. The guy is sort of a sad character (real person) and I am rooting for him!

No comments: