Monday, April 16, 2007

ashlyn's first crush


Even as I write this my almost two year old daughter swoons over the picture of our Worship Pastor to the left.

For the last few months whenever we go to church (even days other than Sunday) she asks to see Daniel. She asks whether or not we will be able to hear his "'sic" (two year old for "music"). One time Daniel abliged by having a behind the scenes concert in his office. She was quite excited by the whole experience.

I am not so sure about how I feel about my daughter already batting her eyelashes at a musician. I guess as a pastor you would want your daughter to be enamored with a Christian artist.

The more humorous side of this infatuation is that if during a worship service anyone pauses the music for prayer she interupts, often yelling, "Amen! More 'sic!" When the band is through playing she raises her hands in a questioning manner and says, "Daniel? All done?"

I hope the other pastors aren't jealous.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I know of a family at our church who have 2 daughters (ages 7 and 5) and they SWOON big time over that Worship Pastor as well. I hear they imitate him at home and often ask "I wonder what he's eating now?"