Wednesday, September 10, 2008

SOAP: the hope of silence


S. The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. It is good for people to bear the yoke while they are young. - Lamentations 3:25-27 (TNIV)

O. In the midst of suffering it is good to still hope. Hope comes in quiet, non-complaining, silence before the Lord.

A. My impatience is brought out in these verses. I want salvation and revival now! I am reduced to constant talk and complaining when hardship comes (maybe even when its not around). Let me retreat to silence when hardship comes. Here the Lord can stir my hope.

P. Today is a busy day Jesus . . . be still and silent of mouth and mind so that others may speak and you may be filled with my hope.

No comments: