Monday, September 8, 2008

SOAP: doubt & change


S. . . . This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints. - Revelation 13:10 (TNIV)
For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end. - Psalm 48:14 (TNIV)

O. God is worthy, beautiful, joyful, great, strong, faithful, loving, righteous, and good. This is our God. The world is confused, hurt, indulgent, and broken. This is our world. Between this tension are a people called to ptient endurance and faithfulness.

A. I hear Jesus saying, Wait on me, do not rush. My answer will be revealed in time. Be faithful in your dealings and prayer, let me be the one to guide, let me protect my people and my name. I am willing to risk with many. I am willing to risk with you.

P. Guide us O Lord! Jesus, create in my a clean heart O God, and renew a right spirit (of grace) within me! Doubt.

What do I doubt? That my kingdom is not of words, but of power.
Lord, will you show me where I doubt? Change, outbreak, revival.
Lord I want to change. I confess that my search for change has consumed me through thinking and politics. I am tempted to trust men for change and not you. Help my unbelief. Lord I confess my desire for a king, a president, or a senior pastor . . . All I need is you! Lord be my king. Be my president. Be my senior pastor. Command me. I choose your leadership. I submit to your vision and teaching.

No comments: