Friday, January 11, 2008

pink baseball


It begins . . . my daughter's love for playing baseball begins tonight (softball will be an acceptable replacement since she is a girl and I usually play in a church softball league).

We had 45 minutes to kill while waiting for our table at the Olive Garden (known as the O.G. to college friends). So we went to Big 5 to kill some time. The place was stocked for the beginning of the spring season of baseball (Little League sign ups have already begun, and I am stoked to start umpiring again). There in the corner of the baseball section was the 3-5 year old gloves in pink and purple (NOTE: Ashlyn is two and a half, but will be three once baseball is under way this year).

I gave Ashlyn the choice of what color, obviously pink.

We played catch outside the store and again outside the O.G. She wanted to keep playing "catch" in the restaurant.

She got real excited when I got my glove out at home and we played catch again. She said, "You're good Daddy." She already has an eye for talent!

(FYI: That's not gum in Ashlyn's mouth in the above picture. It's her pink, of course, Triceratops vitamin.)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Nick and I both enjoyed this tale of the next Olympic Girls' Softball player...well, we enjoyed it.