Tuesday, November 18, 2008

scattered seed












Scattered seed…
truth flies

Hardened path
seeds bounce far and wide
barren and dry
the path begs for birds
Relief from the “burden,”
truth lifted.

Rocky soil
truth a gift
welcomed, sprouts
trials as hot as the sun
Parched for living water,
hope withers.

Among the thorns
truth pushes through
fighting for life
weeds twisted and deep
Choked by cares,
life fades.

Sown on good soil
truth takes root
growing rich
living water flows
Bearing fruit, multiplied
one hundred fold.

Truth flies…
scattered seed

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I assume you wrote that...it's beautiful...thank you for sharing it.

Ryan said...

Thanks... I am always nervous about sharing poetry, but I was inspired by Adam's recent poetry to share again.

I made a couple changes. Let me know what you think.