Saturday, August 4, 2007

setting sail


For some time I haven't written. For two reasons. First, practically, my laptop is dying. Second, personally, I have had much going on I was not free to share publicly.

As many now know, I am moving on from South Hills, the church I grew up in and have served on the pastoral staff for the last six years. From the first days of talking with Crossroads Bible Church the words from God were, "It's time to set sail." An unnerving way of letting me know that the last three years of "harbor," in other words safety, support, and nurturing, were over. A new adventure awaited with unknown outcomes, and unseen storms.

While I wrestled with this picture, God would give me no other leading but, "Will you trust me? Will you trust my voice?" He even went as far as to have the missions speaker at Hume Lake (where I took high school students to summer camp) say, "Once God reveals His plan have the faith to follow."

So here I am. In transition. Finishing the work I began at South Hills when I volunteered in the Children's Ministry at 8 years old. I have known students in the high school group since they were 4. It is amazing what God has done.

If this has been a harbor, imagine what will He do when we hit the open sea?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

When you hit open sea I hope he asks you to get out of the boat...faith on a ginormous level...imagine the adventure.

Congrats and you will be severely missed. Please don't stop blogging...maybe a book someday???