Saturday, May 12, 2007

awaiting spring









I have been waiting for Spring to come
I have been waiting for life to begin
Through the death of Autumn
Through the darkness of Winter
Through the tears of Spring
Life will come

Will you weather death
Will you pass through darkness
Will you shed the tears
So that life will come

I am afraid of dying
Afraid to face the darkness
Afraid that tears will be in vain
Afraid my hope for life is a dream

He beckons me to come with Him and die
He calls me to walk with Him in darkness
He invites me to join His tears
He tells me that today I will be in paradise

Oh my soul why do you fear
Oh my heart why do you grow faint
He is trustworthy
And Spring is coming

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That's beautiful. I didn't know you are a poet. I often shy away from poetry myself. Well, your poem really is a lovely sort of melancholy.